The Ballina Shire Councils has the development application for the proposed water mine in Alstonville on public exhibition until the 16th of November.
We have prepared a template that you can submit through our website.
To the General Manager,
I am writing to make a submission on application development numbered 2018/597.1.
The proposed development is inappropriate for the following reasons:
- Extracting water for bottling is grossly irresponsible when our state is facing widespread drought.
- The development has the potential to disrupt local farmers use of the water aquifer.
- The manufacturing of bottled water is an environmentally harmful activity that contributes to further plastic waste.
- The development will see an average of 6 57 tonne B-doubles using Ellis Rd per day, 7 days per week, will put increased pressure on the road and disturb the community.
- The development brings no jobs or profit to our region.
- The development faces widespread community opposition.