Tamara Smith MP, Member for Ballina has today announced the electorate of Ballina has secured $400,000 in funding for a total of 18 projects through the NSW Government’s 2021 Community Building Partnership Program.
“Whilst we have all endured a very difficult year I am pleased that I can announce funding for 18 community and volunteer groups today."
Member for Ballina Tamara Smith said the State Government funds will deliver much-needed improvements to local facilities including the replacement of a sea turtle hospital for Australian Seabird Rescue, a multimedia studio for Alstonville High School P&C Association, a disability bathroom conversion for RED Inc., a transporter for Queer Family Inc. and a community garden storage shed for Suffolk Park Community Gardens.
“This is fantastic news for our region, this grassroots funding will directly help create a more resilient and inclusive local community with positive social, environmental and recreational outcomes,” Tamara Smith said.
“I congratulate all the organisations that were successful in their application and look forward to seeing how these projects make a real difference for community groups in the area.”
The Member for Ballina has assisted over 100 community organisations and delivered $2.3 Million in grants through the program since she was elected in 2015.
The Community Building Partnership program has funded more than 16,000 community projects since it commenced in 2009.
In 2022, there is $400,000 to allocate in each electorate. Applications for the 2022 Program open in early 2022.
For more information about the NSW Government’s Community Building Partnership Program, visit www.nsw.gov.au/cbp
2021 Community Building Partnership Program - Successful Projects in Ballina
- Northern Rivers Wildlife Hospital Ltd Northern Rivers Wildlife Hospital - Wildlife Ambulance - $30,000
- Australian Seabird Rescue Inc. - Replacement of Sea Turtle Hospital - $80,000
- The Northcott Society Access - All Abilities: Hearing Loop for Deaf People in Ballina - $10,000
- Byron Bay Surf Life Saving Club Inc. - Replace deck at Byron Bay Surf Life Saving Club - $30,000
- Queer Family Inc. - Queer Family Participant Transporter - $28,000
- Wollongbar Progress Association Inc. - Wollongbar Hall Solar System and Hot Water - $12,197
- The Pocket Public School P&C Association - Refurbishment of the Pocket Public School Canteen - $12,400
- Alstonville High School P&C Association - Multimedia Studio - $75,000
- Mullumbimby Community Garden - Sealing in existing Rotunda - $5,000
- Tuckombil Landcare Inc. - Sharing Native Plant Knowledge - $5,500
- Red(Realising Every Dream) Inc. - Bathroom Conversion to Fully Accessible Bathroom For People With Disability - $14,000
- Ewingsdale Progress and Public Hall Association - Ewingsdale Hall Upgrade to facilities - $6,105
- Lennox Community Garden - Construction of raised garden beds - $5,500
- Positive Change for Marine Life Ltd - A Community Approach To The Health Of The Brunswick River - $35,000
- Suffolk Park Community Garden Inc. - Community Garden, Storage Shed, Shelter, Reservoir, Raised Beds, and Pathways - $20,298
- Country Women’s Association Of NSW - Replacement of Cupboards in Main Hall - $5,000
- Mullumbimby Sustainability Education and Enterprise Development Inc. - Mullum SEED Off-grid Solar - $15,000
- Bundjalung Tribal Society - Bundjalung Tribal Society Multi-Purpose Facility - $11,000