In the NSW Parliament, Tamara and the Greens have successfully amended over 70 laws
In the community, Tamara has delivered results like these:
- Integral to the campaign that saw the government reverse $3 million in funding cuts to local women’s refuges.
- Worked to secure funding for the Women’s Family Law Court Support Service, which helps over 1000 survivors of domestic violence each year.
- Secured a commitment from NSW Department of Education and Ballina Shire Council to build a 4 court basketball stadium and sports centre adjacent to the new Ballina Coast High School.
- Delivered over $50,000 in funding to local sports clubs.
- Raised money to get a breathalyzer for Schoolies in Byron Bay to support BUDDI Byron Community Drug Action Team and the STEER Project to encourage young people to ‘Blow Zero’ and educate them about the effects of drinking on health, behaviour and those around them including their drivers.
- Donated an ongoing, annual education bursary through the Ballina Scope Club for a senior high school student facing financial difficulties.
- Stood with the community to successfully retain public land in public hands with the Mullumbimby Hospital site and the Suffolk Park sports ground and community gardens.
- Supported our local area Commander to secure two full time community police officers for Alstonville and ongoing advocacy about the needs of rural policing.
- Funded a feasibility study for shark spotting at Wategos Beach and supported Shark Watch to begin patrols on our beaches.